Incorporating Mindfulness into Occupational Therapy Interventions Addressing Persistent Pain
This Masterclass will provide you with:
- An Understanding of the physiological and psychological benefits of practicing mindfulness meditation for individuals with persistent pain
- An overview of the five skillful habits used as part of the Mindfulness for Symptom Management program and how they are addressed with individuals with pain
- An appreciation of some of the barriers to participating in mindfulness meditation for people with chronic pain
- A chance to ask questions and problem-solve challenges you face bringing mindfulness to your clients with persistent pain
- An opportunity to connect with other like-minded OTs working in this area of practice
Meet Your Host
Sarah Good, Occupational Therapist
Hi, I'm Sarah! I live and work in Ottawa, Ontario as an occupational therapist and mindfulness teacher.
Both in my personal and professional life, I use nature and mindfulness meditation to bring calm and joy to each day! I often incorporate a walk into treatment sessions or lead a meditation.
I have been working as an occupational therapist for 18 years and have been practicing mindfulness meditation regularly since I became an OT. I am a firm believer in life-long learning and engage in on-going professional development in areas including women's health occupational therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Insomnia, motivational interviewing, acceptance and commitment therapy, pain management and trauma. I have completed an intensive training program at the Ottawa Mindfulness Clinic in order to use mindfulness techniques to work with my clients. I also teach a course at the Ottawa Mindfulness Clinic.
I am currently the Topic Editor for the Women's Health column in Occupational Therapy Now (published by the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists). I have presented to other occupational therapists in the areas of mindfulness, pain management, women's health and sleep through the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists.
613-715-3550 | [email protected] | PO BOX 14067 GLEBE RPO, OTTAWA, ON, K1S3T2